Thursday, September 22, 2005

Update on eve of Rome TESOL Conference



FunSongs Monster Show


Update on the eve of TESOL 2005

Yesterday Gloria Vannucchi and I met Francesco Giacomini of Zola Predosa. He seemed interested in the FunSongs Summer Camp. However he mentioned the Council's ongoing contract with the UISP Association for Summer activities and said it may be necessary to reach an agreement with them. He agreed to contact us soon after consulting with other people in the Council.
Tomorrow (or rather today - it's late!) I leave for Rome and the National TESOL conference. Before leaving I hope to be able to record a draft version of the new "65 Million Years Old" action song to present during my session.
This afternoon I delivered several hundred FunSongs Licence and Show flyers to FunSongs distributors Spaggiari Spa in Parma to help with the promotion. This evening I called Scott Bishop now back in Los Angeles. He's well and looking forward to returning to Italy in October for the shows. Yesterday I received confirmation of two more licence renewals (Gazzaniga and Nembro in Bergamo Province) and bookings for shows in Aosta.
Yestreday afternoon the Florence Branch of the book shop Feltrinelli called to ask FunSongs to organize a presentation of the FunSongs CD on 16th October. Could be worthwhile!